Zasalamel "Slappy" [Last Name to be Revieled]
Wood Elf Folk Hero Ranger
Damage taken: 28
Times thrown: 3
Folk Hero Feature:
-Rustic Hospitality: You fit in among common folk with ease. You can find place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.
-Gourmand: You have mastered a variety of special recipes, allowing you to prepare exotic dishes with useful effects. You gain the following benefits:
- Increase your Constitution score by 1, to a maximum of 20.
- You gain proficiency with cook’s utensils. If you are already proficient with them, you add double your proficiency bonus to checks you make with them.
- As an action, you can inspect a drink or plate of food within 5 feet of you and determine whether it is poisoned, provided that you can see and smell it.
- During a long rest, you can prepare and serve a meal that helps you and your allies recover from the rigors of adventuring, provided you have suitable food, cook’s utensils, and other supplies on hand. The meal serves up to six people, and each person who eats it regains two additional Hit Dice at the end of the long rest. In addition, those who partake of the meal have advantage on Constitution saving throws against disease for the next 24 hours.
-Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
-Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
-Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
-Elf Weapon Training: You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
-Fleet of Foot: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
-Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomenon.
-Favored Enemy (Beasts): You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them.
-Natural Explorer (Forest): While traveling for an hour or more in your favored terrain, you gain the following benefits:
- Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.
- You cannot become lost when returning to a location you have visited in the last 2 weeks, except by magical means.
- Even when you are engaged in another activity while travailing, you remain alert to danger
- If you are travailing alone, you can move stealthy at a normal pace.
- When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
- While tracking other creatures, you can also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.
-Fighting Style (Archery): You gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls you make with ranged weapons.
-Primeval Awareness: You can use your action and expend one ranger spell slot to focus your awareness on the region around you. For 1 minute per level of the spell slot you expend, you can sense whether the following types of creatures are present within 1 mile of you (or within 6 miles if you are in your favored terrain): aberrations, celestials, dragons, elementals, fey, fiends, and undead. This feature doesn’t reveal the creatures’ location or number.
When asked to provided information about himself Slappy provided the following (dictated, but not read):“Let’s get the basics out of the way first,
Slappy’s height is a staggering 6’2".
His weight is 210 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal.
Slappy’s hair is a rich midnight black.
His eyes are the color of a maple tree after a storm.
As for the story behind the legend, Slappy was born approximately 85 years ago in the prestigious Street of Groves. He is the 2nd child and 1st son to his father Siegfried and mother Sophitia. Slappy has one sibling, Ivy, who he is on good terms with although while Slappy chose the life of a hunter (and all the fame that goes with it), Ivy chose the life of whatever people who love trees do, and that’s pretty lame. Slappy was singled out as the greatest ranger of his generation and chosen to partake in the world famous Hunt, which he completed, the first soul to do so in almost 600 years.
Slappy now spends his days going from town walking a path that will ultimately lead him to righting a long standing wrong. If you end up in a tavern and notice the townsfolk are a buzz and the women’s hearts a flutter, you may just be graced by the presence of the hunter of a millennia, the legend Slappy."*
*Please note he was not asked to give this information in 3rd person.